Licence to Cook Lead Practitioner Trainer
I have been teaching Food for 39 years. In that time, I have also taught Catering, Design and Technology: Food; Home Economics: Food and Nutrition; Textiles and Child Development, in various roles as Head of Department, 2nd in Faculty and Design and Technology Faculty Director.
Recently I have been involved in several national initiatives, such as Licence to Cook Lead Practitioner Trainer; Trainer for HLTA Secondary Essex Food; Let’s get Cooking Club Co-ordinator; Food in Schools Trainer; CIEH accredited trainer for Food safety levels 1 & 2, Healthier Food and Special Diets Level 1 & 2; delivering to students in schools, adults in the workplace and food linked establishments.
I have worked alongside the Teacher training PGCE Programme in Essex and have mentored trainee teachers. I have taught KS3; KS4: A Level.
Co-author of the 2016 Revision Guide ‘GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition’ (Collins).
- I can offer training and support to non-specialist teachers, required to teach food, also offering advice on the development also of new facilities required within educational establishments. Support with class size issues.
- I am able to develop Schemes of Work and fit these to requirements of individual establishments, with linked teaching resources and lesson plans.
- Food Provenance and Sustainability training and advice for delivery in the classroom.
- Food safety advice
- Schemes of Work
- Teaching resources
- Training and Support for non-specialists and less experienced teachers at KS1 & 2, KS3 and GCSE
- Development of teaching areas and equipment
CIEH Healthier Food and Special Diet training
CIEH Level 1 & 2 Food Safety training
Email Suzanne or phone 07766168768.
Schools, departments, external agencies seeking consultants.