SATURDAY 2nd November 9.30-4.15pm
University of West London
This national training day will bring hundreds of food teachers together for a unique set of speakers, exam workshops and practical sessions that focus on improving your teaching, exam results and action planning.
Key Note presenters – Louise Davies, Founder Food Teachers Centre
Brian Oppenheim, HMI, National Lead for D&T, OFSTED
Inspection evidence and OFSTED framework D&T: Food
Sarah Old, Senior Manager for Standards, OFQUAL
Feedback on the current Food exams and standards
Sandra Kelly, Director for UK Skills and Policy, People 1st
Future Skills and T Levels
Ursula Arens, British Dietetic Association Ambassador of the Year 2019
Blue Dot – An environmentally sustainable diet toolkit
Exam workshop –Separate groups for AQA, EDUQAS, OCR, H&C and BTEC
with Jan Hanly, Jill Oliver, Adele James, Sandra Heinze, Caroline Mousedale and Melanie Williams
- Update on NEA/ unit assessment 2019-20.Where are you in the NEA process and current questions? (Please bring any live work for feedback from group).
- Top Tips presentation – Make a difference to your results.
- NEA 2 Discussion: Planning, preparing and managing the NEA 2 process.
- Resources for effective preparation and teaching.
Best practice and practical workshop
Fine-tune and support your personal skills. You will have a choice of one out of:
- BTEC Home Cooking Skills and teaching SEND (with Melanie Williams and Sarah Badzire, Claremount Special School).
- Level 3 Food Science and Nutrition (with Sarah Derwent, Droitwich Spa High).
- Food photography, styling and presentation tips (with Shirlee Posner).
- Basic skills with fresh fish* (with Paula Williams, Billingsgate Seafood Cookery School).
- Mince It* (Meat, game and vegetarian high-level dishes that are minced, shaped and formed) – (with Simon Gray, Food Teachers Centre).
- Practical Food Science* (with Joe Mann, Food Teachers Centre).
- Sensory Science in Practice* (with Barbara Monks and Julie Messenger Food Teachers Centre).
- Higher level practical skills for GCSE/Level 2* (with University of West London)
Those marked * are practical and have limited numbers.
All presentations, handouts, resources and videos made will be available in a dedicated on-line training area. (Also available if you are unable to attend).
If you want a copy of the flyer and booking information for your CPD co-ordinator – you can find that here http://bit.ly/bookfoodfuture
Costs and Booking (via Eventbrite) From only £155 +VAT Early bird. Free student teacher places, discounts for self funders
All of these events are ticket only and payable IN ADVANCE. The Food Teachers Centre uses Eventbrite (as many organisations do) to automate the bookings via credit card. When you book you will receive by email a full VAT invoice/receipt.
PLEASE NOTE your booking confirmation and ticket will be emailed to both the delegate and person purchasing. If you do not receive your ticket it is most commonly caused by typing your email address incorrectly, or it is in your SPAM folder. Please check your booking carefully. It is VERY important that your school finance manager supplies your full name and PERSONAL- SCHOOL email so that we are able to send you joining instructions and further details. If we only receive the ‘school office’ email address, we have found in the past that this delays information getting to you or information is not passed on.
If you have any queries, please ask via the Eventbrite site messaging, and leave your phone number or email so that we can contact you easily. and conditions
Terms and conditions
Once booked, if you cannot come You can send someone else, but you may not get a refund unless we can resell your ticket, but we are happy to transfer your booking if there is space on another event.
The draft programme might be subject to change. We would always endeavor to run the day as advertised.