STEM Food Trainer
With 22 years teaching experience, including 17 year as a Head of D&T, my skills as an Advanced Skills Teacher and Local Authority adviser have been utilised to;
- implement Food Technology in primary schools.
- support secondary schools to deliver KS3 &4 curriculum.
- provide practical based courses for non- specialist including HLTA’s.
- plan, deliver and support food based STEM challenges.
- support food focused STEM careers events.
In recognition of the work I have completed in Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire, I received a D &T Associates Excellent Award for teacher training, and have regular invitations to present at national conferences and training events.
- practical and theory based bespoke training courses related to the National Curriculum 2014, for both primary and secondary food teachers/ instructors/ and or support staff.
- guidance in the setting up new food teaching spaces in primary and secondary schools.
- team teaching/coaching to enable non specialist food teachers to gain confidence in working with food.
- planning and managing food based STEM challenges as off timetable or enrichment and enhancement activities.
Food Safety training, departmental audits, schemes of work, and preparing bespoke classroom resources.
Email Julie or phone 07557055127