Need to develop your skill set to teach cooking and nutrition with confidence in your primary school?
The Food Teachers Centre in partnership with LCP are successfully delivering training courses for primary teachers, teaching assistants, parent helpers and school cooks. Run by experienced Food Technology teachers who will continue after training to offer advice and support.
These are practical, hands-on training days providing the skills and resources for Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2:
This training is essential now that cooking and nutrition are a compulsory element of the primary curriculum.
Each course offers:
- Practical cookery teaching skills
- Guidance on managing group cooking activities
- Hands on preparation of recipes recommended for the National Curriculum such as salad dishes, dips, and bread
- Resources and websites to help develop the curriculum in your school
- Ideas to help you set up your classroom for practical work with health and safety risk assessments
- Making the most of your support staff
- Provide an engaging learning experience for pupils
Training has already begun around the country and feedback has been extremely positive.
“A very informative day! I learn’t where to find a selection of resources! Thank you for the whole day and pushing me to new limits. The event was so informative, useful and fun, I will recommend the course”
A team of dedicated Food Technology teachers are available to deliver this exciting new programme. After attending, training Primary colleagues will be empowered to work with pupils using current advice from approved providers, know where to access the best resources and nutritional guidelines.
Course Dates now booking:
- Wed 21st January 2015: Alderley Edge School for Girls, Alderley Edge
- Fri 23rd January 2015: Altrincham College of Arts, Altrincham
To view a full list of events for this acamedic year follow this link
Delegate rates are £250.00 + VAT for single delegate. Additional delegate places can be booked at the reduced rate of £125.00 + VAT per delegate.