Our 6 session live Cook-a-long runs on Saturday Mornings. Its perfect for those new to teaching food at KS3, for example, trainee teachers, NQT, D&T teacher now teaching food or non-specialist teacher. We take you through step by step in how to deliver a basic practical food lessons to KS3 students. The sessions will be run via Zoom so you can cook a long with us or just watch. Either way you can ask questions of the tutors as we go.
Experienced teachers showing you how to prepare, cook and present a series of recipes with top tips for classroom teaching.
- Health and safety points
- Organisation – the room and the students
- Using equipment correctly and safely
- The science behind the recipe – how it works! Avoiding pitfalls
- Potential problems / issues when cooking with a full class – what might go wrong!
- Curriculum key concepts, healthy eating, food safety, food processing
- SEN – how to develop independency in our lower ability students
Price £180 (plus Eventbrite booking fee)
For further information: