Watch videos from our past events and explore our Useful Links section for other helpful sites.
1.Rising to the Big Challenge L Davies from Food Teachers on Vimeo.
Louise sets the context for changes in 2014 in food education, the requirements for the new national curriculum and the leadership challenge for food teachers.
- Food Teachers closed Facebook group- Closed Facebook group for food teachers, with support and events
- Design and Technology Association- Subject specific advice for design and technology, together with a range of publications and links.
Teaching Food Safely Training
School Food Champions programme
- Chilled Food Association- Innovative and imaginative FREE teaching resources to support the D&T and Science curricula, with a special focus on food
- School Food Plan- This plan is about good food and happiness. It is about the pleasures of growing, cooking and eating proper food. It is also about improving the academic performance of our children and the health of our nation
- Food Standards Agency- The Food Standards Agency is an independent Government department to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food. Providing information related to the Core Competences
- British Nutrition Foundation- Information and resources to support work within food technology
- Department for Education- National curriculum docs
- Food a Fact of Life- Information and resources to support work within food technology
- BBC TEACH Classroom clips
- The Cookery Teacher- With her food science training Barbara takes the lid off cookery, and the science behind it. The site is designed for those keen to bring more knowledge to their kitchen as they learn about food or for anyone teaching food, or food science
- Grain Chain- a curriculum linked education resource for teachers and parents to inform school-aged children about the story of grain-based food
- British Meat- All about meat. Seven education modules about red meat including structure, cuts and cooking methods, meat production, quality standards and consumer ...
- Potato Council- The Potato Council is an organisation that aims to develop and promote Britain's potato industry
- Real Meals Cookbook
- Designing new food rooms for secondary schools
- NEU standards for food safety in schools
- Tim Oates- Video – Assessing without levels
- LEAF Education- Working to inspire and educate future generations about farming, food and the countryside.
- Countryside Classroom- Connecting schools with food, farming and the natural environment
- Seneca Food Preparation and Nutrition learning app (FREE)
- Futurechef programme (Springboard)- Chef demos, awards, learning resources and competitions