Taste of Game and the Food Teachers centre have come together to bring food teachers training and resources to help them teach the curriculum.
This programme includes
- Teacher training practical workshops
- Downloadable teaching resources, recipes, suggested classroom activities and video
- Student masterclasses led by qualified teachers and ambassadors
- Registration for supply of local game directly to schools
- On-line training and support
- Game Stars competition and awards
A key aim is to upskill teachers in the preparation of game and supply schools directly with ingredients for cooking it. With training and support, we hope that they will use game confidently with your classes. The programme matches the GCSE and vocational course requirements closely, so that teachers can develop their student’s knowledge and skills in how to buy, prepare, cook, present and taste game to a high level.
We hope that students will:
- Understand ‘provenance’ and how game is reared, prepared and cooked
- have tasted game, tried out some recipes and are familiar its taste, value and uses
- take home a positive message about game to the family shopper/cook, including its nutritional benefits and uses in a modern balanced diet.
What teachers said in 2017-18
” Great to have some hands-on practical experience of game recipes and given resources that are pupil friendly. Thank you so much.”
” Fantastic day all round, learnt so much and very hands on and delivered at just the right pace. Thank you.”
” The Game changer course was great on every level – opportunity to learn new skills, to engage with other teachers, have ideas to take back to school (especially for NEA2), great atmosphere, low cost (especially important in our school. Many thanks “
“Confidence boosting . Learnt useful skills. Totally relevant therefore very helpful”
“it is fantastic that sponsorship has been won to keep the cost of the CPD down”
“I found it really useful and highly value what Food Teachers Centre does, thank you!”
“Fabulous day” “Simon was fantastic! Very helpful and extreme knowledgeable ….”
“Great to meet other teachers and have hands on experiences with game”.
For more information
If you are looking for inspiring recipes from young people cooking with game, you can download the ‘Games Star Winners Recipe Booklet’
Please visit the Taste of Game website Schools Section.
Registration is only open for secondary schools at this time.
For more information contact Simon Gray